Tuesday 9 August 2016

Small journey to the beautiful city of Gokak

The weather of Belgaum lately had been quite bad as it was raining heavily. My eyes open up to realize that it was 8:30 in the morning and that I had just missed out on my first class of the day. Then it struck to my mind " don't count your chickens before the eggs have hatched" implying that I shouldn't make plans to attend class because that wouldn't happen and I happened to glance out of my window to just see the amount of downpour happening. But to my surprise the weather outside was bright and a beautiful sunny day, inspiring me for a long ride to a city nearby which I have yet to explore. At 10:15 I get off my bed. The scenario was quite funny when I think about it now, a brush in my mouth, pulling up my pants as if I were late for a meeting, grabbing stuff which I would require for my journey as though the world was about to end. Still in the hangover of my sleep, trying to make sense of what I was doing. Then realized that it was 10:40 already. Grabbed my bike keys and raced out of my room towards my bike. The journey of my day started off at 10:45 AM. Making my way through the morning traffic of the city I reached the road which connected the city of Belgaum to Gokak. As I was on my way, it started to drizzle, which made me go on a slower pace. travelling about 20 kms from Belgaum, at about 11:20, I stop at a beautiful location which was the first scenery of my journey.

As I continued my journey, I had to pass through a series of villages. Observed various fields of plantations. Asking directions for Gokak became quite interesting as I was travelling further as people would smile and tell me the road from which I should travel. To be frank didn't know if they were smiling and telling me or was it something that I had worn which stood out. Moving ahead I stopped at a point where the skies started to clear off. I was real excited to watch clear skies as I hadn't seen them for around 2 months in Belgaum. 
Just a few kms away from my destination, The eagerness started to build in me as to what I would find discover in the city of Gokak. As I entered the city areas, I was greeted with the view of the whole city.
The falls was at a distance of 9kms from the city. The roads towards the falls had beautiful curves which felt amazing to ride my bike on.
Alas I reached my destination "The Gokak Falls"

Though it might not be much, but it was a beautiful scene to me as I had the thrill of bunking a class just for my adventure.
I returned from Gokak and reached Belgaum back at 3:30 PM.
These are some of the pictures of my journey back from Gokak to Belgaum.


No comments:

Post a Comment